What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Sacrament Meeting Gem

Sometimes you hear a gem in church.  That is what I heard this week.  To me as Sister Jennifer Williams delivered here remarks, talking about making the Sabbath important in our families, these words struck me as if they were poetry.

Added spiritual power does not just fall upon us.  It comes as we act.  
The scriptures tell us that “Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord,” but he and his family still needed to build and enter the ark.
God prepared the means for the children of Israel to be healed form the fiery serpents, but it still required that the look upon the serpent of brass attached to Moses’ staff.
The Saints sang in our dispensation, “We’ll find the place which God for us prepared,” but they still had to pick up their handcarts and go west.
“But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world and eternal life in the world to come.” (D&C 59:23)
This added blessing of spiritual power does not settle upon us just because we are part of this generation. It is willingly offered to us; it is eagerly put before us.  But as with all spiritual gifts, it requires our desiring it, pursuing it, and living worthy of receiving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment