What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Life in Manteca 127: Barbecue Restaurant Reviews

Sheri and I have been to three barbecue restaurants in Manteca over the past couple of months.  These restaurants do not represent all the places where you can get barbecue, put those who specialize. Sheri eats more ribs at Chili's than these restaurants.  The three restaurants are Billie Hill's Hillbillie Bar-B-Q, Weber's Barbecue and Papa Joe's Big Barbecue.  These are restaurants that are unique in their own way.  Pap Joe's has a country western style.  They make a great chili.  Last time we went we had the family meat platter, which gave more than enough meat and salad.  The barbecue is more dry rub rather than barbecue sauce.  Although they have sauce you can add.  Pa Pa Joe's is the most expensive, but I had meet enough for the next couple days.  The sausage was so hot I finally fried it in scrambled eggs to cool it down.  Weber's Barbecue has a southern Louisiana type of theme.  Their ribs are dripping in sauce which is very nice.  However it is hard to find them open, they close rather early, and when we were there it was almost like we were an inconvenience.  Hillbillie Bar-B-Q has a very nice feel overall, and was the most fun of the three. They gave a presentation on all the sauces.  It seemed like they had almost a dozen different sauces from really hot to mild, to peach sauce and other exotic selections.  They gave us a taste test which was fun.  They also gave us each a back scratcher on our way out.  There is also a story on the wall about a cat which we found really cute.  The only drawback here is location as it is next to a bar with people hanging out on Yosemite.  But once inside that is just not an issue and the atmosphere is delightful and the food good.
So the winner is, Billie Hill's Hillbillie Bar-B-Q.

No comments:

Post a Comment