What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mormon Movie Review: ****The Cokeville Miracle

This is a T.C. Christensen movie, and tells the true story of the Cokeville terrorist attack which took place in May 1986.  The movie is well done for the most part.  There was on line which I thought was odd or out of place, or given with the wrong attitude which is by the police officer when he heard of the hostage situation.
The story is that a former police officer, David Young and his wife, take the rural school of Cokeville, Wyoming hostage and demand a ransom of $2,000,000 per child.  The bomb explodes prematurely, but all of the children and their teachers escape.  Most have burns and other injuries, but it was deemed miraculous that not more died.  Only the hostage takes perished, Young by his own self inflicted bullet.  His wife was severely injured by the blast and he shot her as well before killing himself.
The movie continues after the blast, with the local police officer, who had given up on God, restoring his faith through the stories of the children, as well as attending church and observing the faith of the Children as they sing "Child's Prayer."
The ending of this movie is very well done as it shows the restoration of a family through faith.  I highly recommend this movie.  It has many familiar LDS actors throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment