What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Overbooked Saturday: Camberly's Birthday

Overbooked Saturday: September 19 2015
Now that Cub Scouts and soccer in full swing, every Saturday is overbooked.  However this week was even more so and we had to leave some activities out.  The ones we included were Tony’s soccer game.  Tony played midfield and forward, and di an admiral job.  He is better defending than attacking the goal, but you can tell he has some skills at turning the ball around and made some very nice passes.  He played forward the entire second half and was really tired b the end. 
We jumped from there to Mickey Grove Park and Zoo for Cub pack meeting.  Caleb received a couple more belt loops and is now half way to Wolf with the new changes.   The Cub Scouts were doing a service project in the zoo, but Sheri and I stayed out and kept the picnic table for their return and for Cub Grub.  We had to leave quickly and were still a half hour late for Camberly’s birthday party.  She turns two this month.  She was very cute throughout.  As soon as I arrived she looked me out to sit with her in the pool.  Skylar and Tony joined us in the pool, as did the little Dye girl.  Camberly and ___fought over each other to sit on my lap.  I was very popular.  Camberly enjoyed sitting on the side and kicking the water to make plashes.  Skylar was being adventurous and walking on the step a bit deeper, and must have missed a step.  I didn’t see him go under, but somebody yelled and I grabbed him quickly; but he was headed down and I had to grab deeper than I thought so I missed him the first time.  He was under for five seconds or so, but that is scary when you are two.  He coughed some, and then went back to playing in the water. 
Charity and Anthony provided a great lunch.  That had yummy potatoes.  (I hate to admit it but I gained a pound as a result.)  Also barbecued chicken and hotdogs and salad Miranda had made.  I got Camberly a hotdog and she ate the whole thing.  I really enjoyed the lemonade as well.  The take was also good.  It was layered with white and chocolate.  Camberly enjoyed blowing out the candle.  She was proud of herself and got to do it again.  Then cam present opening.  There was lots of paper stuffed in the bags, and Camberly pulled it out.  She found many nice things.  The clothes she passed to Tony to give to her mother; but the books she stopped and had to look at them.  She was a cutie.  We cleaned up and headed home, getting there after eight so did not attempt to go to the high priest social.



















No comments:

Post a Comment