What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fairfield, Iowa Ward

One of the highlights of our trip was Sunday services and pot lock with the Fairfield Ward.  This is the area Caleb had served next to last, and he had been there over six months.  There were many people he had helped to share the gospel, and many who had accepted.  On couple had a new baby, less than a week old, and I got a turn holding the baby.  any people came up to us and whispered how much they liked Caleb., that he was their favorite, and a good missionary.
During sacrament meeting they called on Sheri to bear her testimony.
After sacrament meeting they had a missionary pot luck.  Man those people in Iowa know how to put on a pot luck.  The had pork of several different kinds, and corn on the cob.  I thought it was running out; turned my head and the bowl of corn was refilled.  They also had desserts of many different types, including one made with lade fingers.  Bitter sweet goodbyes, but we had a long way to travel that day and night.
SO we owe them a very big thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment