What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Raptors: Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle

We sat for the raptor show, red tailed hawk, turkey vulture, owl, chicken (not a raptor), falcon.  The host also said there was a bald eagle flying around scaring some of the  birds, and causing a commotion in the local crows.  I never saw it.  A raptor is a bird that uses its talons to kill and tear food.  (Turkey vultures do not usually kill food, but tear it.)
red tailed hawk is the most commonly seen raptor.  They are often flying above the freeways searching for mice.
The crazy chicken was fun, and made a bee-line for the barn. 
The turkey vulture buzzed me twice, and I ducked both times.  It came right at me and veered the last second to its perch. 
 The vulture even picked up trash.
The owl was very funny, and very cute with his pointed ears which aren't really ears.

The show then ended with a falcon, which was crazy fast and back and forth around the grounds in no time at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment