What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Caving: Craters of the Moon National Monument


Dew Drop Cave
Indian Tunnel
The plaque indicated it is called Indian Tunnel because of Indian mounds found by the entrance.  This may be what they were referring to.
Down the ladder and through a collapsed rubble


back at the ceiling


Around the rubble through a dark spot and to another collapse
There was more beyond the collapse, but it seemed formidable to me.  Miranda and Tony climbed all over it.


No stalactites or stalagmites but these buts are hardened dripping lava.  These are lava core caves, which form as the outer parts of the lave field cool, while the middle stays hot and continues to flow while the outer solidifies.   As the middle flows out a gave is left.



alternate entrance



No comments:

Post a Comment