What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Music Review: Mormon Tabernacle Choir: Love is Spoken Here

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Orchestra at Temple Square make a very good team.  This CD was released in 2005.
  Sheri describes this CD by saying "It makes me feel homesick even though I am at home."  I think it makes you miss your children who are away more.  True many of the songs make you feel nostalgic.  In this category are "Love at Home," "May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You," "Turn Around" and "Homeward Bound." 
There is also a good section of classic Primary songs.  These include "I Am a Child of God," "I Feel My Savior's Love," "A Child's Prayer," and "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus."
The songs are beautifully done.  This CD can make you long for loved ones when they are away.
 Our only complaint is at times the sound is too soft or too loud.  I don't know if it is jut our CD, poor recording, or too much artistic variety but we often have to turn it up to hear the soft parts, and then turn it down when the choir gets too loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment