What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Video Presantation: Andy Andrews: The Seven Decisions

Andy Andrews is one funny man.  He is also a very good motivational speaker.  He started out as a comedian, but has now written motivational books as well as become a motivational speaker.  I thoroughly enjoyed his presentation on the seven decisions.  These decisions are:
The Buck Stops Here:  Until we take responsibility for where we are, we have no power to make our situation better.
I Will Seek Wisdom: We must take responsibility for filling our minds with information that will improve ourselves, and in like way be careful of letting negative thoughts into our brains.
I am a Person of Action: Andrews told the stories of people who made decisions.  I love the story of Joshua Chamberlain, whose command to charge changed the battle of Gettysburg, and very possible the outcome of the Civil War.
I Have a Decided Heart:  Analysis is to lead to a decision.  Decision leads to action, and we should be committed to the decisions we make.
Today, I Will Choose to be Happy: The biggest key to happiness is to be grateful.  I will have a grateful heart, and thereby be happy.
I Will Great this Day with a Forgiving Spirit: It is important to forgive others as quickly as possible; even if they don't deserve it; even if they don't ask.  I will also forgive myself.
I Will Persist Without Exception.  The without exception is key.  It is possible to persist, and then quit.  However if the persistence is without exception, then success will eventually come.
Andy Andrews gave the third rule last: I Am a Person of Action.  He did this on purpose, saying t is the most important.  He talked of the butterfly effect or law of sensitive dependency on initial condition.  In this theory, a small action can snowball until it has a tremendous effect.  Andrews illustrated this by talking of Chamberlain, and also George Washington Carver,  He showed how decision we make now can have tremendous results.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndPZVGwaRww 
The Butterfly Effect

I watched the bonus material.  Part was a question and answer session.  Someone asked, what is the most important lesson you want to teach your sons.  With out hesitation he answered, "That I love their mother."  He was so sincere, and so quick, I felt guilty I may not have responded so quickly, and that maybe I have not taught my children this lesson.  Some day I need to give up pride and selfishness, and make sure my kids get this message.

No comments:

Post a Comment