What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mormon Movie Review: Rich Studios: Abraham and Isaac: Animated Stories from the Bible

We have many of the Rich Movies, and this is my first review.  This movie presents the story of Abraham and his being commanded to sacrifice Isaac.  One of my complaints is they sometimes add to the bible story, which they do here in telling the story of Hagar and Ishmael, and their being cast out of Abraham's household.  The Bible says Sarah saw Ishmael mocking Isaac, and asked Abraham to send them away, and the Lord told Abraham to listen to Sarah and send them away.
Genesis 21:  ¶And Sarah saw the son of aHagar the Egyptian, which she had bborn unto Abraham, cmocking.
 10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, aCast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be bheir with my son, even with Isaac.
 11 And the thing was very grievous in Abraham’s sight because of his ason.
 12 ¶And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in aIsaac shall thy bseed be called.
The movie adds scenes of both Hagar and Ishmael putting Isaac's life in danger.
Except for this indiscretion, the story is very much to the Bible.   Abraham receives commandment to sacrifice Isaac, which he does, but then the Lord stops him as he is following through with the commandment.  
This presentation does add some emotion to the Bible account.  We see Abraham make sure Isaac says a proper goodbye to his mother, and we also see Abraham's love for Isaac.

No comments:

Post a Comment