What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Documentary Review: Ameica's Choir

This is a documentary by Lee Groberg and narrated by Walter Cronkite.  Many people world wide have been touched by the Tabernacle Choir, which was said by Ronald Reagan to be America's Choir.  Many performers and artists talk about performing with the choir, and express that the enjoyable thing is the choir sings without ego, and with heart.  They put emotion into what they sing, which carries to other performers and the audience.  They now regularly perform with the Tabernacle Orchestra, and are truly an icon of American culture. 
This film also traces the 150 year history of the choir; w
here they have performed over the years, their first broadcast, the history of the organ, and of the orchestra.  This presentation is just lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment