What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, March 10, 2014

Old Testament: Abraham and Isaac

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-03-027-akedah-the-binding?category=old-testament/introduction-deuteronomy&&lang=eng&order=chronological

This movie is produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I showed it in Sunday School class.  This tells the story of Abraham and Isaac.  This story is a similitude of God the Father and Jesus Christ Christ.  So much so that the place where Abraham built the alter upon which to sacrifice Isaac was Mount Moriah, which is now known as Mount Zion.  Another location on Mount Zion is Golgotha where the Savior was crucified.  Brother Jefferey pointed this out to me.  Wikipedia says there is some debate on this, but is very likely is true.  However there is one major difference be this story, and the sacrifice of the Savior.  That is that the Savior completed his sacrifice.  In the story of Abraham and Isaac a lamb was provided, which represented the Savior who is provided for each of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment