What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Life in Manteca 90: Stake Music Night Was Excellent as Always

The stake music presentation was a very good presentation.  Sister Ruth Christensen always does a good job.  The stake choir finished things with two numbers, Pilgrim Song and Good Night, Dear Heart.  For and explanation of this song here: http://whilhelmsthoughts.blogspot.com/2014/03/poetry-i-like-mark-twain-good-night.html
However many other presentations were very touching.  Both Sheri and I were close to tears when Cody Nydegger sang "I Wonder When He Comes Again."  Caleb sang this a couple times when he was six, at the ward Easter presentation, and then for stake conference.  See Wilhelm's Thoughts blog: http://whilhelmsthoughts.blogspot.com/2014/03/caleb-sings-i-wonder-when-he-comes-again.html
Five women from our ward, accompanied by Joni Helstrom sang a wonderful rendition of "I Know that My Redeemer Lives".  They were Diana Todd, Amy Bingham, Louise Poole, Candace Hoban and Jennie Hokanson.
Father and daughter, Aaron and Isabelle Frazier sang "I am a Child of God" and did an excellent job.  Their grandmother and great-grandmother live in our ward.  They are good friends of Caleb.
Their was a delightful instrumental quartet--oboe, bassoon, Sister Christensen on flute, and a clarinet.  They played some Mozart, and then a variation of "Happy Birthday".  I particularly liked it to the music of "The Sting". 

No comments:

Post a Comment