What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, March 3, 2014

Life in Manteca 89: Northland Ward Chili Cook-off, what a feed



The chili bar


Tony playing catch and throw
The Chili cook-off, an annual event in our ward was very nice this year.  I steered clear of the hot chili's, although I got one a bit hot that Tony loved.  He made me get more for him.  It was a greenish chili.  I decided to to eat too many different ones, but to find one I liked and stick with it.   I also tried not to mix them too much. I sampled several until I found one I liked.  My preference was a chili with dark beans, and meat instead of hamburger, and it had barbecue sauce on it.  It was a sweet chili.  I asked at Sunday School and was told Brother Rice made it and it has no recipe, just thrown together.  Charity and Anthony and Camberly Rose went with us.  We also met a couple from Stockton.  She works at the library.  I invited my less active home teaching families; but neglected to invite any nonmembers.
I don't do the decorations justice in my pictures.  They were of a Western theme with wanted posters and such.

No comments:

Post a Comment