What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Life in Manteca 91: Two Restaurant Rereviews Ice Cream Shop Review and Fun.

Today Tony called me outside to see a flock of geese flying over the house.  They were very high.  They flew in circle for a while, like they were reorganizing, and then took off headed north; about 100 of them.  You could hear them honking.

Last week for date night, Sheri, Tony and I went to Las Palmas, where we had been before.  This visit we were a bit disappointed.  Tony had chicken tenders and fries, I had shrimp, and Sheri and a tosatada.  She was the most disappointed as the meat was very dry she could scarcely eat it.  It was better the next day.  I had the shrimp which was satisfactory.  The decor was nicer.  I guess the were remodeling last time.  The bathroom doors were painted to look like wood, and they had Pancho Villa pictures.  However, I saved everything and had a couple meals the next day from the leftovers.

We did find something there I hadn't noticed before.  I don't know if it is new--Paletalandia.  This is a pop cycle, ice cream and smoothie place with a Mexican flavor.  I enjoyed a lemon pop cycle, and Tony had a chocolate delight (which they put in a cup instead of a cone but Tony said he wanted it that way.)  Sheri didn't order anything.  They serve other stuff, with mangoes and stuff, but I wanted something lemony. 

This Friday we visited Little Caesars.  I have never been more disappointed, and think maybe our Caesar days are through.  Miranda likes the deep dish pizza, and you pay more for this.  I also ordered the three meat, which isn't ready when you arrive.  They said there would be a five to ten minute wait, but after 20 minutes the pizza was ready.  I reminded them of the sauce, and they said they gave us two free sodas, although we had paid a lot for Caesars; they even charged us a dollar for using ATM.  We got home, no deep dish, just regular pizza.  Miranda was said, but it is too far to go back.  Big bummer.

I visited Walmart today, and picked up some sports equipment; soccer ball, tennis balls and basketball.  Went to the park with the group of neighbors.  We had a good basketball game going.  Elyss is very good, left handed.  After I realized that I stood in her favorite spot and made the game more difficult for her, but she is good.  A friend of the kids came to play and said she beats most of the boys at school.  As for me, my shoulder still keeps me from making many shots, but I work hard.  I pushed Joshua and Levi on the swing, and did the bump in the back game with Levi.  Levi wanted to bump me over and over after that.  Tony had a good time too.  He shot baskets with the soccer ball.  He rode his scooter and used the swing for a time.

I also got some profit form the day with the lawn mowed, and started turning soil for a garden spot.  I am going to plant Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment