What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Life in Manteca 83: Ward Christmas Party

This has become an annual event.  However this year there was a twist.  Instead of this being an event organized by the Relief Society, it was organized by the Melchizedek Priesthood groups.  However there were some assignments given back, especially decorating.  We men just didn't think we could do as good a job as the women.  The dinner was ham and deep fried turkey.  There was also a red cranberry something, green beans and rolls.  For drinks there was root beer and water.  There were several selections for dessert, including an apple something and a cheesecake something.
As for entertainment brother Dye helped MC and I was asked to prepare a couple songs.  We sang a medley of songs, and also Miranda and I sang a duet, "Guard Him Joseph."  This is a Sally DeFord song.
Brother Morgan showed some LDS videos, including the nativity.  Brother Dye told a story including the nativity.  The children didn't participate on stage, but were invited to listen and watch the story.   Three Kings came to give candy to the children.
Stupid me, I had Miranda bring my camera I had left home, but then the memory card wasn't in it.
However the highlight of the day was the baptism of Keanna, a young woman whose father is a member.  She bore her testimony and brought a tear to my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment