What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ace Train 44: Stadium Progress and Bear, Buffalo and Giant Snowman in Pleasanton

No it wasn't a real bear, but it gave me a start all the same.  Friday I met the family in Pleasanton.  Instead of hanging around the train our, station cold for a half hour, I walked to the Jack-In-The-Box at the corner.  It was pretty dark already, and when I came upon this bear at a bank it gave me a start. 

There was a buffalo at the bank where the bear was.  Crossing the street there was a jogging trail, so I followed it.  There was a Christmas Tree vendor with a giant Frost (not Wendy's but snowman).
I followed the trail right to the restaurant and I got dinner to go.  We were headed for the temple. 



I have seen the Christmas Train in Bernal a couple times, but too slow to get pictures.  I do have a couple stadium pictures: $9ers is done except the cosmetic stuff. 
I can actually see some progress on the Earthquake Stadium.  It is amazing because for so long they seemed to be preparing the ground. There is actually a steal frame work there now. 


One last travel to work story.  At Diridon Station I make the transfer to the light rail.  You have to cross the light rail tracks with gate on either side.  A homeless person was struggling, but getting through the first gate.  So being me, I held the second gate for him.  He gave me and "F' you, I don't need your help."  So I continued on my way, and as I passed him I said, "Merry Christmas."  That got me a couple F' yous.  I guess he just wasn't in a Christmasy mood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment