What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, December 2, 2013

After Thanksgiving Weekend

Miranda agreed to watch Tony, so Sheri and I went to the temple.  I convinced her to stay and watch Krueger Christmas at the visitor center with me.  It is one of my favorite.  http://mmboebillywardle.blogspot.com/2013/11/movie-review-kruegers-christmas.html
Miranda and Tony spent most of the morning decorating.  Miranda got the tree up and lit.  Mostly it is prelit, but one strand wasn't working so she hung some lights.  The tree was given to us by the Alyssa Dye, Charity's neighbor.  I don't know where they got a spare tree.
Satuday we were lazy, but Miranda and Tony went to see "Frozen" and loved it.
Sunday was the stake Christmas concert.  I sang in three choirs, five numbers.  Manteca Ward choir sang a thanksgiving song, "Thanks to Our Father."  We also sang "Jesus, Name of Wondrous Love."  The stake men's choir sang, "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen."  Sheri, who was in the back said this was her favorite.  Stake choir sang Ding Dong Merrily on High" and "Away in a Manger."  I really liked the arrangement of "Away in a Manger' and Sister Christensen played flute.
There were also individual numbers.  The version of "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" was very well done.  Two organ numbers, "Still, Still, Still" and "What Child is This?" for moving.  The story was also touching read by Brother Christensen, "The Three Levels of Christmas."
It was a fun evening.  Sister Hokansan made me snicker doodle cookie, and they were very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment