What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lds.org Video: Look to the Light

http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2010-12-22-look-to-the-light?category=topics/christmas
This movie shows that darkness cannot exist where there is light.  Jesus Christ is the Light of the World.
This is much more than a Christmas video, but is a modern retelling of the conversion of Alma.  We are presented with four versions of Alma's story.  Alma described his conversion in Alma 36:
13 Yea, I did remember all my sins and iniquities, for which I was tormented with the pains of hell;  yea, I saw that I had rebelled against my God, and that I had not kept his holy commandments.
 14 Yea, and I had murdered many of his children, or rather led them away unto destruction; yea, and in fine so great had been my iniquities, that the very thought of coming into the presence of my God did rack my soul with inexpressible horror.
 15 Oh, thought I, that I could be banished and become extinct both soul and body, that I might not be brought to stand in the presence of my God, to be judged of my deeds.
 16 And now, for three days and for three nights was I racked, even with the pains of a damned soul.
 17 And it came to pass that as I was thus racked racked with torment, while I was harrowed up by the memory of my many sins, behold, I remembered also to have heard my father prophesy unto the people concerning the coming of one Jesus Christ, a Son of God, to atone for the sins of the world.
18 Now, as my mind caught hold upon this thought, I cried within my heart: O Jesus, thou Son of God, have mercy on me, who am in the gall of bitterness, and am encircled about by the everlasting chains of  death.
 19 And now, behold, when I thought this, I could remember my pains no more; yea, I was harrowed up by the memory of my sins no more.
 20 And oh, what joy, and what marvelous light I did behold; yea, my soul was filled with joy as exceeding as was my pain!
 21 Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment