What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Day Skype with Caleb

Christmas morning including a Skype session with Caleb.  None of us thought to take a picture, but Elder MacDonald's mother (companion) did of his session with the family, and posted it on Yahoo.  My impression of Caleb is that he is his happy self.  He seemed very upbeat, even though the weather was like 20 below.
In addition to Elder MacDonald, we met Brother Christensen.  They live with them.  They have the entire basement.  They had a table of goodies, and had enough to last a millenia it seems.  The entire table was covered.  Thank you all who sent treats.  I know Sheri sent some, my sister Sara sent a big box, and the Young Men/ Young Women sent fudge.  They may get fat.
Brother Christensen was making Aebelskiver, a form of Danish pancake made in a skittle pan.  They were eating as Caleb was talking to us.  It seemed his time of talking went much too quickly.  He smiled a lot and truly seemed happy and content, and wanting to work hard.
They are enjoying the work, and God is good.  The hour passed much too quickly.  We had all but two of Caleb's siblings present, as we were at Mark's home Christmas morning.  Charity and Anthony were with us, and Caleb met his niece, Camberly Rose, for the first time.  Both Tony and Miranda also enjoyed sharing some time with Caleb.  He is a very positive influence in our family.
Caleb saved a few minutes to call his sister Natalia in Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment