What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Heading for Christmas

We held our family sing-along last Monday with some success.  It went well, although only sparsely attended.  Sheri invited Sam’s family.  Sam is Tony's friend from school.  They are very nice.  They live in the Lathrop Ward boundaries.  Sam and his mom and two younger siblings came.  We also had the Binghams and Charity and Anthony.  We did a little reading from "A Christmas Carol."  It was fun.  The first half was a’capela as Randy was working.  She played when she came home.  Camberly is getting big fast.  She is fun though.  
We had the first rehearsal for the ward party.  We are singing "Behold the Condescension of God" which has never been sung before.  It was rough as our pianist wasn’t there.  However I think it is doable.  It is coming together.  The Elders and high priests are doing the party this year so we are having deep fried turkey.  We will see how it turns out.  Miranda and I are also going to sing the Mary and Joseph lullaby.  I do not know what else is on the program. 
Mom has been doing Stars this year.  This is a jazz dance group directed by Terry Wardle Slaugh.  Mom was in San Jose Friday for dress rehearsal.  I caught the end of it and then helped set up chairs.  We saw some people from the Strawberry Square area when we ate at Wendy's.  Sheri and Randy went back out for two performances this last Saturday and they did the Creche exhibit in Palo Alto.  There is performance of Starzz at Christmas-in-the-Park this week. 
I watched the Christmas devotional.  That talk, "What Happened Next?" by the primary president was very good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment