What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Sheri roasted a big turkey and we had a big crowd for Thanksgiving yesterday.  A few pictures to highlight the day.  I went the day before and gathered chairs from Diana's, and went to the grocery store for last item shopping.  Sheri had done the big shopping the week before.



Randy and Mom decorated.  We all cleaned.  Mom roasted the turkey,


while Caleb, I, and Tiago, and later joined by Jeremy and Kayla went to the Turkey Bowl of the Sycamore Ward.  I am the dirtiest which means I played the hardest.  Actually I missed Caleb going around the end, and went sliding through the wet grass.


Jeremy made the rolls.  (He had to leave before the feast.)  He used the recipe he uses at work for the Bluebird in Logan.  I filled water pitchers, but the corn in a bowl, poured drippings in a pan for gravy, and peeled taters.  Gary, Mark's brother carved the turkey.






We had the Normans over.  This included Mark and Diana as well as Mark's brother and his family.  We usually go to Diana's house, but have the same group for Thanksgiving.  We also had friends of Mark and Diana, Rocky and Kaylee and their baby Reggie (four months old, big blue eyes, dark hair with a black flower in her hair.)  I got a couple turns to hold her.  The day also included watching the end of a football game, watching "Sherlock Holmes" and game playing.  Tony found a friend in Rachel, and played for hours in his room.  They had fun playing with balloons.  After things slowed down we rehearsed the song we are singing Sunday for the Stake Choir Concert. 




No comments:

Post a Comment