What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Christmas Planning 2011

There are so many things going on this Christmas Season that planning for Christmas is somewhat hectic.  There has to be a balance between getting the mood of the season, and doing too much.  This Sunday is our Stake Choir music festival.  The choir has been rehearsing for the past couple months, and it is going to be a fun program.  Additionally we are singing as a family.  It should be fun.  We also have a couple of ward parties, relief society party and  Ward Christmas party.  I think we will be singing at each of these as well.




The festivities at the Temple start tomorrow.  http://www.templehillevents.com/Full_Details.html
Every year they have presentations about every night at Temple Hill.  It is all free.  This year is going to be especially fun.  A coworker's daughter is in the "Nutcracker" presentation. There is another Christ centered ballet at the temple, "Behold, the Gift."  Zion's Choir also performs at temple hill, but we are thinking of catching them at the Palo Alto Creche exhibit.  The day they perform there is also a marionette show.  There will also be lots of creche exhibits.  I think it is this exhibit that motivated Sheri to start collecting creche exhibits.  We will have them about the house this weekend.  It will be fun putting them into our new house and seeing how they fit.  We still have our first creche scene that my sister fired for us and gave us for our wedding many years ago.  There is also a creche exhibit in Modesto, but we want to hear the choir, and this gives us a chance to do two things at the same time.

There is also the annual Christmas party that my sister puts on.  It is a fun evening and includes us, my sister's family and Mark's brother's family--and any other family members who are in the area.  We are wondering a bout doing a family home evening sing-along.  In the past we have gone to these at the Ortons or the Struks in Cupertino.  We are wondering if we want to continue the tradtiton and invite a few families over for a musical evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment