What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Moview Night: ***Sunday in the Park with George; *^Solitary; ***Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

"Sunday in the Park With George" I got through NETFLIX.  I would have scored this movie higher, but tired of listening to Bernadette Peters say "George." I don't know how many times she said this, but it was too many.  This movie stars Bernadette Peters and Mandy Patinkin in two roles.  The songs are intriguing.  "The hat" grows on you, and his singing of the colors is fascinating.  But the song I most enjoyed is "Move On:"
Stop worrying where you're going-
Move on
If you can know where you're going
You've gone
Just keep moving on

I chose, and my world was shaken-
So what?
The choice may have been mistaken,
The choosing was not
You have to move on

Look at what you want,
Not at where you are,
Not at what you'll be-
Look at all the things you've done for me

Opened up my eyes,
Taught me how to see,
Notice every tree-


...Just keep moving on
Anything you do
Let it come from you
Then it will be new
Give us more to see...

Beautiful!

"Solitary" is available through Netlix Instant.  This is a strange movie about a woman who loses her husband, and the twist in the end is that she is really in a coma.  Sort of strange.

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" I saw on Dish USA Network and recording it so I could skip the commercials.  I had never seen it before.  If I compared it to the other Indiana Jones films it comes up a bit flat.  However if I compare it to other action adventures it is a fun romp.  I especially like it that the bring in a son, and a marriage at the end.  The parallel universe left me a bit flat.  It is gong of the theme that the gods are aliens.



No comments:

Post a Comment