What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Last Weekend: South First Friday and San Joaquin City

I convinced Sheri to come and pick me up in San Jose this last weekend.  My goal was to visit the Quilt and Textile museum, and convinced her to do this by suggesting a visit with Jesse.  Jesse has gotten so tall over the past few months, and he is starting to talk.  He says, don't like it, don't want it, open it (of course these are one word statements), hi, truck, yea, and a bunch more words.  He is no longer our baby.  Sheri got him a tractor, "truck" for his birthday.  That's right; Jesse is now two.  We went to the **^Burrito factory.  I had a big burrito instead of tacos which I usually have.  It was satisfactory but nothing to be excited about.  I like their salsas, but I think I would have preferred McDonalds. 

We went to the South First Fridays.  This is the first Friday of every month, many of the art galleries, mostly along South First Street, are open and displaying art work.  We visited the Textile museum.  (No pictures as their was a sign saying take no pictures.)  The exhibit was much different than last time.  Last time there were many needle point exhibits.   This time it was mostly quilts.  The combination of colors was very interesting.  I liked a baby quilt which was many different pastel colors.  Tony, who was with us, liked a quilt with different colors of red.  Sheri preferred a quilt with traditional stars.

We also visited a pottery studio.  There was a man demonstrating on the wheel. He had a very large mustache.  It was incredible to me how he could push on the inside, and make the pot bigger.  He was using a tool like a broken C.D. with which to push.  We looked at the displays, which seemed to be professional work, as well as the student's work.  Tony really enjoyed it, and asked me to go around again.  In fact he asked me to go around five times, but I only did two.  I was worried about Tony seeing a naked bust which was part of someone's work.

I also got to San Joaquin City this past weekend.  This is an old river port town of 1500, which is no longer there. It was on the San Joaquin River.  I went to seen the plaque, but the plaque is no longer there as someone stole it several years ago. 

Saturday, Sheri sent me to Winco's.  I really like that store.  They have lots of bulk items.  Miranda went as well as she wanted to practice her driving.  They had many good deals, but not everything is a good price.  You have to work at shopping.

Sunday was church, and choir practice.  We, as a stake choir, are singing the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment