What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Book Review: ****^Ride the Laughing Wind (to mmboe)

I found this book in Sheri's home library.  It is written by Blaine and Brenton Yorganson and published by Bookcraft in 1984.  I enjoyed this book immensely.  It is not a book that is meant to be rushed through.  It is a slow read.  That is because of the beauty of the words.  These words are meant to be savored and not to be rushed over.

The poetry in the book is moving, and is generally in the form of a prayer.   Here is a marriage poem:

O Great Tiaowa hear the voice we send, hear the voice we send at last as one.  Wa!

Give the love Between us tenderness.  Wa!
Give this love between us honesty.  Wa!
Give this love between us playfulness.   Wa!
Give this love between us power.   Wa!
Give this love between us excitement.   Wa!
Give this love between us meaning.   Wa!
Give all this love to us, we plead, forever.   Wa!
 From this you can see why I say this is a book to be relished and enjoyed, not read quickly.
This book tells the story of a couple, who were found amongst the ruins of the ancient ones, in a cliff dwelling that no one had noticed for hundreds of years.  This is the explanation given by these two authors as to why they were there.
It is a beautiful love story, which the actors almost overlook.  However it is also a story of the ancient ways of peace, and the new ways of hate.  It is a story of betrayal.  It is a story of makeshift family.  The village of the four young people is destroyed at the first of the book, and this is their fleeing into the wilderness to escape the evil men pursuing them.   They make a family, and flourish, and this that family's story.
I enjoyed my time with this book, and recommend it to those who are interested.  I am sure you could find in through Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment