What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Movie Night: **^The Mill on the Floss; ****While You Were Sleeping

The movie "The Mill on the Floss" has a totally unexpected ending.  It was of the true romantic character, and I'm not sure if I like it; in fact I'm pretty sure I don't.  If you like movies that end in a way totally unexpected, then you would enjoy this movie.  This movie depicts the love interests of Maggie, and her relationship with her brother.  Maggie is portrayed by Emily Watson, not Emma Watson.   However Emily Watson is a very good actress as well.  I think that is why I picked it in the first place, hoping to see Emma Watson. I watched it on Netflix Instant.  I personally didn't care for the ending.

Maggie's first love is a young man with a hunch back.  He is an artist.  However he is also the son of the family's hated enemy, and her father, and brother after he passes away, refuse to the relationship.  She then falls for her cousin's boyfriend, and they run off together, and then she repents and goes back.  Because of family disgrace, her brother does not want to see her, and that leads us to the ending which I will not divulge.

The other movie, "While You Were Sleeping" is from our personal VHS library, and has Sandra Bullock in it.  This movie is very enjoyable.  Sandra ends up being taken for the fiance of a man she has a crush on, but has never met, whose life she saves at the rail station where she works.  He is in a coma, and in the mean time is taken in by his family.  This puts her in line with his brother, with whom she falls in love.  I really like Sandra Bullock, and this movie really displays her charm.  She is an incredible actress, when given the right venue, and this story is a true romantic comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment