What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Book Review: The Book of Mormon: A Family Discussion Guide

This book is written by a member of our ward, April McMurtrey.  It can be had through Amazon.com.  http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Astripbooks%2Ck%3Aapril+mcmurtrey&keywords=april+mcmurtrey&ie=UTF8&qid=1323640842
This is not a traditional book where you take it and read it from cover to cover.  However it is meant as a companion to reading the Book of Mormon.  It asks questions which will be conducive to fulfilling the requirement of Moroni, "...and ponder it in your hearts." (Moroni 10:3)

This book is geared to help direct family scripture reading.  It can also supplement reading for next year in Sunday School (which is gong to be focused on the Book of Mormon,)  family scripture study, and personal scripture study.  I am hoping that we can use this for Family Home Evening study over the next couple of years. 

I recommend this book to those who are seeking to enhance their study of the Book of Mormon--whether for family or personal study.

No comments:

Post a Comment