What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

At the Movies, Movie Night: **^The Sorcerer's Apprentice; ***Captain America

I watched these two movies with Tony last week, the first on dish but it is also available from instant Netflix; the second at the Marketplace Theater.

I must admit, the Sorcerer's apprentice leaves something lacking.  It seems they try to mesh a modern adventure with the original Mickey Mouse movie, and fails in both respects.   I must admit I really don't like the ending, and the broom scene reenacted here is cute, but really doesn't fit into the plot.  Nicholas Cage is good, the apprentice is not, the young girl is pretty, and it is good the sorcerer (Nicholas Cage) gets back with his love after missing her for thousands of years.  The action is good, but science winning the day in the end is sort of contrived.  So this movie gets a reserved recommendation.

I judged the second movie through the eyes of Tony, who was really bored with the first part of the movie.  In the theater he was more interested in playing with his chair than the movie.  However when Captain America gets his shield, then things start to pick up. The action was exciting after that point.  This is a good WWII action movie.

It was fun that John Starks (Iron Man) was part of the movie, and a rival for the woman's affection.  It actually explains where he gets the power for the suit he eventually makes.  I hated the ending however.  I wanted him to get the girl, not end up frozen for 70 years.  And so for this movie a mild recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment