What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Ace Train 13: Diridon Station

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diridon_Station



The Diridon Station was originally called the Cahill Station when it opened in 1936 (the cornerstone says 1936.)  It was renamed Diridon Station for county board member Rod Diridon (who I met once) when is was remodeled in 1994.  Even after this remodeling was the addition of the light rail, which in fact goes underneath the station.  One day when I was early I stayed on the light rail and road it under the station to the next stop.  The station serves Caltrain, Amtrack and ACE, with the Light Rail having tracks behind.  They are adding lines, perhaps for the BART or for the speed train from L.A.  I shoed this construction in a earlier photo, and it seems to be almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment