What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

To the Movies/ Movie Night: ***Three Musketeers, ***Mansfield Park, ***^Sons of Katie ElderPark,

Tony and I went to see Three Musketeers at the Marketplace Theater.  It was fun.  Tony was interested in seeing the sword play, and was not disappointed.  The story was very repetitive in comparison to other versions of the same story.  The only addition was the flying ships, which really added some fun to the story.  They had two men-of-war, which were attached to dirigibles, and had a fine battle.  This movie is worth seeing just for the battle between these two vessels.  However other than that the story has been told before.

Mansfield Park is the Billie Piper version which I got from Netflix mail.  I liked Billie Piper in Doctor Who and she is very good in this as well.  The story as told in this PBC WGBH Boston version loses some of the periphery stuff, and is much more directly a love story between Fannie and Edmond.  I missed the story line of the slaves, but really it did keep the movie focused on the main characters.

Lastly The Sons of Katie Elder is an old John Wayne, who is always good.  There is a scene where John Wayne is shooting his two six shooters much like Rooster Cogburn in True Grit.  I guess this was a rehearsal.  It reminds one of the importance of family, and not forgetting those who are older, even when we are moved out and doing our own thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment