What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

I LIke Bascom Library


A year ago I wrote about the waste of having unopened libraries.  However the library has now been open for over a year; and I love it.  I make it a point to visit once a week, and usually have about 30 items checked out, books, DVDs and CDs.  It is a pleasant walk from work.  The are open four days a week, Wednesday 11-8, and Thursday to Saturday 10-6.  The facility also boasts a community center with full size gym, exercise room, dance studio and other rooms.  There is a Cafe opening soon.  The artwork is an interesting mixture of culturally significant pieces with a tree with people on the branches.

http://billywardlefamily.blogspot.com/2012/04/what-waste-bascom-library-and-community.html
by previous blog

http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_22641889/bascom-library-san-jose-open-feb-23-after
San Jose Mercury News on the opening

No comments:

Post a Comment