What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Live in Manteca 98: Fathers and Sons and Movie

Sheri and Miranda are off to San Jose for the Starzz on Stage performances, while Tony and I are here in Manteca.  We went to the ward planned Fathers and Sons.  President Brown came and gave the fireside speech.  He talked about the Aaronic Priesthood having the power of the ministering of angels, which he explained means that the holders of the Aaronic Priesthood can invite others to partake of the spirit of God, and invite this into their lives.
As for the fun, campfire with roasted hotdogs and roasted marshmallows.  There were fixings for smores and both Tony and I had our share.  I found two different types of chili.
Tony ran around with his friends who were there.  There were many.  They were playing some kind of chase game.  I went to bed and read.  Tony came in to announce he was sleeping with Luke and Joshua.  Then at 2:30 a.m. he comes in saying he couldn't sleep because he was cold.  I wrapped him good in his sleeping bag and a blanket and put him to bed.  He slept until after 7.
The bishop made breakfast, pancakes, eggs and bacon--although Tony didn't stop playing long enough to eat, so he came by later and was hungry.  He roasted some marshmallows and had marshmallow and graham cracker.  There was also Tang.
The kids played chase, and throw things at, the older kids on their bikes.  Tony also played Frisbee gold.  He is pretty good at it.  He also road horses and had a couple turns.  He rode regular, backwards and side saddle.  The bishop had them wear helmets.
We had a good time.
Later we caught a movie together, Spider-Man.
http://mmboebillywardle.blogspot.com/2014/05/movie-review-amazing-spider-man-2.html

Sorry, left my camera home so no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment