What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Old Testament: Joshua: Walk His Way

https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2011-03-056-walk-his-way?category=old-testament/joshua-song-of-solomon&&lang=eng&order=chronological
Joshua said, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.  See if this song doesn't capture that essence, a commitment to serve God.  

Walk His Way

Seminary Music: Old Testament
1. The images men worship are not just of stone and clay.
They make idols of their own success and walk their way
Day by day they wander with hearts set on the world;
Their pride and greed replace the need to trust the Lord.
But we could have faith, we would be strong
If he was the pow`r we relied upon
He’s the only one with pow`r to save,
So we pledge today that we will walk His way
Beginning now, we vow.  To walk His way.

2. He is the path we follow.  He’s the only one we serve;
We find happiness in His success and trust His word.
He is our loving Father,
With strength and power to save,
With all our soul we choose this day to walk His way.
And as we have faith we will be strong,
For He is the pow`r we rely upon
He’s the only one with pow`r to save,
So we pledge today that we will walk His way,
We vow to walk His way.

Text:  Steven K. Jones
Music:  Sam Cardon
Arranged By:  Sam Cardon
Artist:  Joel McCausland

Joshua's commitment was independent, not dependent on others.

No comments:

Post a Comment