What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Old Testament: Deuteronomy: These Words Shall Be In Your Heart

How do we make sure we never forget the Lord.  That is the theme of Deuteronomy, that we never forget where our blessings come from.  That we not point to ourselves as the author of our blessings.  In not forgetting, we make sure that we build upon the sure foundation; that of Jesus Christ, our rock. 
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2012-08-2610-build-on-the-rock-of-our-redeemer?category=book-of-mormon/alma-helaman&&lang=eng

As we plant the message of the Savior in our hearts, it will be easier for us to keep the covenants we have made with God at baptism, and which we renew weekly as we partake of the sacrament.
http://bcove.me/7vl6p8si

One of my fondest memories is recording Tony, after he had learned a song in primary.  In this song Tony teaches the importance to build upon the firm foundation.  Sister Jennifer Williams taught it to his class.  True, he doesn't sing it perfectly, but he does portray the concept in his humble way. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHclYZS5ftI&list=PLzilNOmROiB4ZZJ0uhbhNV56TJVqkA6xR&index=10


No comments:

Post a Comment