What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mothers Day Tribute to Sheri Wardle

For a recent Fifth Sunday, the Bishop asked me to provide a short presentation on Sheri, using the pattern found in an article in the Ensign.  He was high lighting the four women presidents in the ward, Young Women's, Relief Society, and Sheri from the Primary.  This is how it turned out.



Sheri
Sheri is of royal lineage.  I sang a song to her when we were married a song called Vision: "See that woman standing there, golden sunlight in her hair. Something glows above the rest, can your sense her nobleness.  A painting without frame it seems, but endless in its majesty; can you see what I see, can you see?  I see a vision in eternity, you are the vision I see.  Angels surround you in eternity, glorious queen your will be.  I see the sons I see the daughters at your side, glorious queen; Goddess forever.
Sheri’s youth was hard.  Her parents were divorced when she was three, and she was raised by her birth mother and stepfather.  Sheri now has two fathers.  Her step father did not always treat her as he should have.  Her oldest brother was killed in a farm accident when she was in third grade.  Sheri was acquainted with grief and hardship. 
Sheri was the oldest daughter in her family of thirteen siblings.  She grew up working hard, changing diapers, cooking and cleaning; and performing farm chores.
After we were married, we were anxious to start a family.  Sheri always wanted a large family of at least eight children (not a few).  Sheri quickly became pregnant.  However her fist pregnancy ended in miscarriage.  Her second pregnancy also ended tragically with a stillborn baby boy.  It wasn’t until her third pregnancy that we brought our oldest daughter home, Natalia.  She was followed by five more siblings, each born about two years apart.  Sheri was a busy woman.
When are youngest child, Caleb, was finishing elementary school, Sheri reminded me that when we courted I had always talked about being adoptive and foster parents.  She was the spark behind us becoming licensed as foster parents.  She said she felt inspired that we were supposed to do this.
Starting about eight years ago, we brought over 35 children into our home.  Some we had for only a brief period.  Some we kept for over a year.  Tony we were able to adopt.  We have had children from many different circumstances.  Some, such as Tony, were premature.  Sheri has a special talent with premature babies and babies with prenatal drug exposure.  She has a deep seated love for children.
Sheri is an example in our home of daily prayer and daily scripture study.  She gets up early and reads her scriptures and has some time to herself to meditate and pray.

Lessons

To each is given a talent, and we should use that talent.
Having faith in the Lord he will show us the path we should go and the things we should do to leave a positive mark in the world.
Even though things don’t always work the way we would like them to, and there may be trial and pain; as we pursue with faith we receive blessings from the Lord.

What Can I Do?

Recognize and develop my talents, and use the talents I have been given.
Think about how I can strengthen my faith and trust in the Lord.
Consider how to make my time spent waiting for the Lord’s blessings more fruitful and productive.

1 comment:

  1. I would really appreciate u guys not putting things up about me doing drugs on your blog it's hurtful and mean to remind me of a time I really don't like to remember

    ReplyDelete