What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sky View, My Alma Mater Takes State in Basketball

What an incredible week in Logan.  For the first time in history, the three Cache Valley schools met in the semi-finals at the State 4-A basketball tournament.   Mountain Crest beat Logan, and Sky View beat Bountiful to set up a cross county final. 
http://www.deseretnews.com/sports/high-school/game/116026/2013-03-01-boys-basketball-Sky-View-Bountiful
Sky View won the semi-final on an incredible shot.

I caught the second half of the Sky View-Mountain Crest game. It was broadcast through Deseret News.  I must admit I was rooting for Mountain Crest.  Not only is this school only a couple blocks from our home growing up (It wasn't there when I went to high school and we were bused to Smithfield to Sky View) but Gaje Ferguson is a member of the team.  Gaje lived in our ward in Cupertino while his dad was going to chiropractic school.  He was a good friend of Caleb's as they are the same age.  He visited them a couple times after they moved to Logan and we were home with my mother.  They since moved to Mendon.  Here is a picture of Gaje after the semi-final victory.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865574666/High-school-boys-basketball-Mountain-Crest-rallies-past-Logan-into-4A-title-game.html

Here is the article about the final.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865574707/4A-high-school-basketball-Sky-View-pulls-off-victory-over-Mountain-Crest-wins-4A-title.html

No comments:

Post a Comment