What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Movie Review: ***^Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat

This is an early Andrew Loyd Webber Tim Rice.  This theatrical movie features Donny Osmond.
This is Andrew Lloyd Webber's first musical performed, which he wrote while he was in high school.  Originally it was only 15 minutes, but has gone through much revision and expansion.  This is an operetta telling the story of Joseph.  They missed an important lesson taught by the story in the Bible, otherwise I may have given it more stars.  When Joseph is tempted by Potiphar's wife, the Bible says he got himself out.  In this version he does not get himself out but stays resisting temptation.  The movie also like to insinuate that Israel, the prophet was a philanderer because he had multiple wives.  That is not the motivation for polygamy, or at least shouldn't be.
This move does have great music.  It has period pieces not reflecting Hebrew music, but Cowboy, French etc.  This show also has Donny Osmond.  His rendition of "Close Every Door to Me" is a show stopper.  It also has the pursuit of a dream, and the reunification of a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment