What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Caleb finishes Musical Run Bye Bye Birdie

The green room

Caleb and friends, Maddie, Emma, Siman, Annie

Tony outside just before we went in
Musical finished this weekend.  Sheri, Charity and Anthony, Miranda, went Friday while I went Saturday.  I actually got Tony over there Saturday and then they were sold out; however we went for the final scene.  I wanted Tony to hear Caleb sing "Rosie."  I thought it was the highlight of the show.  They really need an auditorium at the high school.  They use the green room, which only holds 75.  They do have array of lights, but no stage, and no arch.  Nothing like the auditorium in Cupertino which seats 400.  I wanted to be there at the end to catch a picture of Caleb with his friends from the Lathrop Ward. 
Now to brag a bit.  Caleb did a very professional job.  He projected well.  He also showed great emotion.  His reaction when he told  Mama to go home, and to the kiss were classic.  It was fun watching him.
Missing the musical, I took Tony to Del Taco.  I really like there fries.  So did Tony.  Tony is a great ketchup dipper, and we had enough ketchup to accommodate him.  The churros as good as well and the have an assortment of shakes.  The tacos are cheap.  I went to the drive-in, but Tony noticed the play place, so we spent an hour almost while Tony played.  He loved the slide, but he did bonk himself on the seams a few times.  They also had  couple punch bags an Tony played Power Rangers for a good long time.  Those bags kept knocking him down, and then he would have to get even with them.  The thing I was impressed with was the cleanliness.  Much better than McDonalds across the street.

The other thing I enjoyed this weekend had nothing to do with Manteca, but Bear Lake in Utah.  Liz and Mark had given us a bottle of Chads raspberry jam.  Positively the best I ever tasted.  It is a bit pricey, but maybe could be a sporadic treat.
 http://chadsraspberrykitchen.com/site_directory/products/jam_raspberry.html
Meantime we stick to the Food 4 Less jam which has a very good price.  I have always loved raspberry jam, and now Sheri is hooked as well.

1 comment:

  1. As you know, we caught the play on Saturday afternoon. Caleb did a fantastic job. I loved it when he started laughing on stage. I guess he looked up in the audience and saw his friend Matt giving him a funny face. We at first thought he was crying...perfect moment in the play for that to happen. :-) You should be proud...Caleb is a great young man with lots of different talents.

    ReplyDelete