What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Movie Night: ***^ Pocahantas II (1998)

This movie I found on Instant Netflix.  I enjoyed this movie for the most part.  John Smith goes into self banishment, and it is assumed he has died.  However he is in hiding as Ratcliffe (David Ogden Stiers) has gained influence with the king, and wants to take an armada to wipe out the Indians and get his gold. This movie introduces John Rolfe, who goes to America to invite the leader of the Native  Americans to come to England to meet the King.  Pohantan does not wish to go, but Pocahantas decides to go in his place.  She goes as a princess.  Pocahantas is jailed after protecting a bear from torture.  John Smith and John Rolfe team up to rescue her, but then she confronts the king again.  She convinces the king there is no Gold, and Ratcliffe is thwarted.

This movie works with the relationships between Pocahantas and the men.  Ratcliffe continues to be evil.  The animals are no longer cute, the willow tree thing is old, the music is forgetable.  The Native American who travels with Pocahantas is funny in his regal manner.  The artwork leaves no doubt this is 2nd tier Disney.  However the thing that works the best is the relationship between Pocahantas and John Rolfe.

My review of Pocahantas
http://billywardlefamily.blogspot.com/2012/10/disney-movie-reviews.html

No comments:

Post a Comment