What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Movie Night: ****^ Brian's Song

This is a good movie.  The relationship between Gale Sayers (Billy De Williams) and Brian Piccolo (James Caan) a black man and a white man who roomed together, when that was not kosher, is very poignant.  These two men, who competed for the same position, and then supported each other and became good friends, is what drama is about.
Until this movie came out, I had no idea of the relationship, or even who Brian Piccolo was.  I had seen Gale Sayers in highlight films,  but did not know this story.  Cancer is no one's friend.  It takes too many of us.
Yjos movie will tear you heart out.  I highly recommend it.  It is available on instant Netflix. 

No comments:

Post a Comment