What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Michael Ballam: The Healing Power of Music

http://www.byutv.org/watch/ad1a8655-a2b4-4d95-b814-f4551fc1d4c5/byu-education-week-michael-ballam-1999

Today in Sunday School we talked about Emma Smith and section 25 which was a revelation for her.  We talked about marital relationship, being aware of pride and finding joy.  We did not talk about her assignments to gather hymns, and what the Lord said about music.

 11 And it shall be given thee, also, to make a selection of sacred hymns, as it shall be given thee, which is pleasing unto me, to be had in my church.
 12 For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads.

I cam across this movie on BYUTV of Michael Ballam.  This is one in which he talks about the power of music--the healing power of music for the most part.  I pray that I will be singing until the day I day and beyond. Music brings light to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment