What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Movie Night: ****^The Pistol (1991)

The Pistol: The Birth of a Legend:

Pete Maravich had a gift on the basketball court, and he was a pleasure to watch.  This movie tells how that gift came to be.  There are some things that come naturally, and there are some things you develop.  In this case, both of those criteria apply. 
This movie deals with Pete Maravich when he was in eighth grade, before he was a legend.  He was struggling with things just like anyone else.  However he had a dream.  His father had been a profession player, and was a college coach.  He emphasized self confidence.  Pete took these lessons to heart.  He had a love for basketball, and being the best.  I love this movie.  It is a motivational classic.
One warning for those who watch this movie with their children; it shows many “tricks” with a basketball.  Your kids will try many of these tricks.  If they do the “ricochet” incorrectly it may cause an injury.
This movie is very motivational if you have big dreams.  If not I imagine it will fall flat.  I like Pete's interaction with the cheerleader.  Pete can't understand why do something if you are not dedicated to be the best.  By the end of the movie she has caught on, as has Moose, the big guy on the team who wants to get a scholarship.

No comments:

Post a Comment