What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Music Review: *****Music and the Spoken Word: Chirstmas Season (To MMBOE)

I stayed home sick from church today.  Something I didn't want to do because I sing with the choir every year.  However this year my throat is scratchy, I'm coughing, and didn't want to spread germs.  So I am watching "Music and the Spoken Word."  It comes on multiple times on BYUTV.  You can also see some episodes on their website.  They add special guests this time of year, or you can watch old episodes with special guests.  I watched Alfie Boe sing "Hark the Herald Angels Sing."  This was followed by the story of the "candy bomber" narrated by Tom Brokaw.  I was just watching David Archuleta singing a couple years ago with the choir.  I have also seen the story of Silent Night from WWI. Another episode has Angela Lansbury singing "We Need a Little Christmas.  Some of the episodes even feature dancers and performers.
I give a heart endorsement for these musical presentations.  There is sure to be something to bring peace to your heart, even if you are home sick from church.
http://byutv.org/search?query=christmas
This is a link to BTUTV where you can see many of these episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment