What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

Our evening started with a traditional German dish, rouladen.  Here is a recipe.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/german-rouladen/
However to be honest Sheri makes hers a bit differently.  Sheri uses round steak, and she does beat it some to tenderize it.  She does roll dill pickle, quartered length wise, onion and bacon inside the round steaks.  She ties them with thread.  She then sautes them with butter.  She does not use mustard.  She cooks hers for a longer period of time, roasting them in the oven or slow roaster.   She does add beef flavoring and brown grave mix, so when they are done the gravy is already made.  I like rouladen not only for the taste of the meat, but also the gravy has a distinct flavor from the bacon and pickles.

After dinner, and clean up, we had our yearly nativity scene, with Sheri narrating and everyone taking a part.  Skylar was Baby Jesus  Tony was Joseph with a light saber staff.  Kayla was Mary. The cat and I were shepherd and lamb.  Cat did OK for a time, but angel upstairs, and camera flashing were enough for him and he ran away.  Jeremy also was a lamb.  Anthony was our angel.  We had three wise men, Charity, Miranda and Caleb.







We then had dessert and opened and put on our Christmas jammies to go see lights, but as we were tired we only went to the Manteca light castle.

No comments:

Post a Comment