What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas: Grandpa Scoresby's Visit

Grandpa Scoresby was with us for almost a week, from just after Christmas until this morning.  We were stuck on the Bay Bridge, so were about an hour late to great him, but we had a good time all the same, playing games and conversing.  Grandpa always brings a box of Idaho Potatoes.  He then is prevailed upon to help fix a Grandpa breakfast with hash browns, pancakes, scrambled eggs and bacon.


With Grandpa we had sixteen in our house.  This lead Caleb to try a tent one night.  He said he was fine until his heated socks gave out.

Caleb sleepwalking into the house
Sixteen were us five, Anthony and Charity, Ty and Tali, Jeremy, Kayla and Skylar, Mark, Liz and Elliott, Grandpa.  We were missing Sevey and Ollie, Lizzy's boys.

We prevailed on Grandpa to sing with us in church.  We sang "Guard Him, Joseph," a Sally DeFord song which has a four-part men's section.  Singing were myself, Anthony, Grandpa and Caleb, Natalia, Charity and Sheri.  Miranda played the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment