What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

Movie Night: ****Christmas for a Dollar

This is a short movie, if you can call it a movie.  It is more a slide show presentation.  Howeve the story is very compelling, and is is presented with artist renditions of the story.  It tells the story of a depression era Christmas.  It is a true story written by Gale Sears and the illustrator is Ben Sowards.  Although the format is not the normal acted out drama, the story draws you in.  The premise is what kind of Christmas can the family have on only one dollar; which for them is a lot.  To get the full impact, you need to watch the bonus material, where the author describes how this story came about, why she wrote it, and the importance of her own family legacy.  I think this is why the movie was so compelling to me, I have been focusing on my own family legacy in writing the history of my Great-great grandfather.

No comments:

Post a Comment