What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas weekend: Two Weeks Before Christmas



Last week when we went to the Creche exhibit in Modesto we went to Charity's home in Turlock.  The sister missionaries where there (from Fresno Mission) and we got to hear their message.  One of the sisters was from Kirtland, and I got her to talk about her experiences with the Kirtland Temple.  She says they often had youth conferences in the temple, and were able to see the very spot where the Lord appeared.  What an incredible testimony to feel that spirit of being close to a spot close to the Lord.   Many prophets also visited the Kirtland Temple, restoring vital keys.
Caleb grabbed their guitar and played for us.  Tony went for the Legos.  Anthony has a very large set.  We all enjoyed Charity's decorations, many home made.
The Creche exhibit was very good.  Sheri and I especially liked the Eskimo nativities with animals of the North--walrus, polar bear etc.  They did have cookies for decorating, but Tony didn't want to do it and we were anxious to get to Charity's house.  They did have cookies for eating also.
This week, we went to Temple Hill for the "Nutcracker".  I enjoyed it more than last year.  Maybe I am becoming a bit more familiar with the story.  The Russian dancers were bending there knees, but still ot doing the kicks.  They are getting better.  The daughter of a coworker, Theresa was in the ballet.  She performed as one of the young women at the party--very good dancing with lots of energy.  She was also an Arabian dancer, and used a scarf very effectively.  It looked like a tent at first, and then the stood from behind the scarf.  Very good.  The sugar plum fairy danced very nicely, standing on her toes.  Clara carried her part very well.  And I understand the prince was a new addition of just the past day, and you wouldn't have noticed.
It's beginning to feel more and more like Christmas.  Family Home Evening Yesterday we planned for our annual sing-along, and made sure we had the music and everything was in order.  We are still debating whether or not we will go caroling.  I vote yes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment