What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Trip to San Jose: Creche and Starzz on Stage

ineSheri is helping out as assistant costume mistress for Starzz on Stage, a group the kids use to dance with.  Terry Slaugh conducts the dance class, and is a good friend along with her parents Karen and Vern Wardle.  Sheri helps with costume changes, and five and six-year-olds do need help.  There are older groups, but keeping the kids on stage in costume takes some work.


As a result we were in San Jose this week.  Sheri and I went to the Creche Exhibit in Palo Alto.  As usual it was super-fantastic, with so many different depictions of the birth of our Savior.  They didn't allow pictures, so you will just have to go.  There is a village scene with the nativity that is incredible with all the pieces.  There are artist depictions, creches from all over the world, with different ethnic differences coming out in the depictions of the Holy Family.  Small nativities, and large ones.  And different mediums from ceramic, to origami, soap stone, pewter, and marble.  There is just everything.  They also have a children's activity area.  While we were there there was music, via flute, piano and harpsichord.  It was enjoyable.  As always we run into people we know, Jill Grover and Nancy Orton with her mother-in-law.  We also waved to Stephanie, Nancy's daughter.


I sat and enjoyed the Starzz on stage, while Sheri was busy back stage.  I really like the Hawaiian dance.  On of the girls really had the hula down, and would make a good student of Polynesian dance. There was a small group of boys he kept the show more humorous with their hot chocolate  Jingle Bells.  The younger girls were very well done, for such young girls, and the taller girls also did well with their lines.  The last dance had the girls going in a circle which they did with lots of enthusiasm.  They finished by singing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" with lots of gusto.  One small girl became nervous for a second, and wanted to run off, but when everyone applauded for her she overcame her shyness.

Saw many past friends, too many to name them all.  Howe vef they includ Ron and Linda Pepperman, past home teachers, the Figgats, Sheffields, Baliguats, Chris Capener, President Hodgman and his wife, and many more.
Sheri and I, while in Cupertino, visited ***Panera Bread, a soup and sandwich restaurant.  They were quick; it was mostly like a fast food place.  I had tomato soup and cheese sandwich.  Sheri had French onion soup.  The cheese sandwich was excellent, but my tomato soup was too much like spaghetti sauce.  However it grew on me.  They should have had some Saltines or some kind of cracker.

No comments:

Post a Comment