What's In This Blog

I created this blog for my journal. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In this blog I keep many of the things I come across as a member of the church. I also share my experiences on the ACE Train and getting to work, my experiences in Manteca where we have lived for three years, and other things I think are noticeable.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Life in Mateca 16: Haggin Museum

http://www.hagginmuseum.org/I discovered that the museum was free on the first Saturday of the month, and as I can't beat that price, decided we should go.  This museum presents the history of the local area, and also is an art museum.  They didn't allow pictures inside, but they have taken a lot of their own which can be accessed through the website.

I was most impressed with the Native American collection they have.  There was an impressive amount of bead work.  Also the basketry was very fine.  Tony liked the guns, but he also was showing off the Native American area. 

There was an old harvester that looked like it required more than 30 horses. In addition to the harvester, there was a picture of four of them working together.  It was so large it was very impressive.

As for the art work, there are some very nice paintings of Yosemite, one at sunset by Albert Bierstadt is very beautiful.  Sheri was impressed with the ocean pictures.  Another of the angry sea was very impressive.  The J.C. Leyendecker Gallery is a must see.  There is a series of Kellog's kids.  Tony liked the girl eating strawberries on her corn flakes. 



Even Sheri enjoyed he museum, and she was the last one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment